Theme: Finding Your Voice
We are currently seeking submissions for our Fall 2022 debut book. We are accepting submissions from April-July 31st, 2022.
We are looking for pieces that move us and remind us why we read poetry. We want you to dig deep and think about how poetry has helped you find your voice. You are welcome to use the theme as creatively or literally as you'd like but we request one thing: "To thine own self be true" (Shakespeare).
Don't send us what you think will be marketable, as we aren't looking for that. We are looking for what makes you you. Have fun with form and format! Let your inner creative shine!!! Don't worry about breaking the rules--as we have none. (Okay, that's not true, but they are very minimal).
Our point is that you don't need a fancy degree to write good poetry!
We don't want you to feel like you are at a disadvantage because you've never been published before. In fact, that makes us even more excited, as we LOVE seeing others reach their dreams!
1. Write a poem like you've never written before that has to do with the theme: Finding Your Voice.
2. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Finding Your Voice no later than July 31st, 2022 midnight CST.
a. Include these items in your email: Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Title of your poem, and Brief Bio that tells us a bit about yourself and why you love poetry. If you have a commentary that you want to add about your poem, please include that in this space as well.
b. Attach a Word or Pdf document that does not have any personal information on it. You only need the title, type of poetry form (if any), and your poem.
3. Limit yourself to four entries
4. Be patient and pass the time by joining our community!!! We will email you no later than September 1st, 2022, to let you know if we have accepted your poem for publication.
Things To Know:
1. We will not accept hate of any kind.
2. MMP does not accept work that has been previously published, in print or online (self-publishing to social media, Medium, or personal blogs are not included).
3. We accept simultaneous submissions. If your piece is accepted somewhere else before receiving word from us, just send us an email. Keeping the love of poetry alive is our goal so we encourage your success always!!
4. We reserve first rights to publish your work, but you always retain rights to choose where you want to publish after we've printed your work. We also reserve Non-Exclusive Electronic Rights.
5. Don't panic if you made a typo. We get it! We are human too! If you are selected, we will work with you to make sure your final version is polished to perfection.